Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts

A Harry Potter role playing site.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Teach Me About...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NightFire

NightFire

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Teach Me About... Empty
PostSubject: Teach Me About...   Teach Me About... Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jun 2008, 9:31 pm

Jadelle looked around the library. she was always amazed at how there could be so many books in one place at one time. before she came to Hogwarts, she had really owned two books. one was not even a real book. it was more of a diary/book of quotes. the quotes were from famous wizards and witches. but the other one had been a gift from her father. the last gift he had given her before he died. nobody knew what the book was about. Jadelle had covered the front, spine and back with thick brown leather. but it was tucked under all of her belongings in her chest that was back in her room. she suddenly had an idea. "Luna, do you know much about caution around magic? because i would really like to learn as much as i can about it." Jadelle tried to word her phrases just right so that they would give away the reason for her question, or the fear that was building inside her at the mention of caution around magic.
Back to top Go down
HPFangirl

HPFangirl

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Teach Me About... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Me About...   Teach Me About... Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jun 2008, 10:05 pm

"Well, I don't know if I would be the right person to teach you that. But that's why we have D.A.D.A. and Charms. And Harry!" she beamed brightly at the mention of her friends name. Scanning the books with her eyes, she picked one out and opened the dusty cover. How to Charm A Pet Dragon. She snorted and put it back. "Why do you ask?" she said to Jadelle.
Back to top Go down
NightFire

NightFire

Female

Teach Me About... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Me About...   Teach Me About... Icon_minitimeWed 01 Oct 2008, 4:57 pm

"Well, I-I havent really seen much magic performed in my family." Jadelle replied softly while she stroked Misty's fur. "My aunt wasnt very good with her magic, and...my father, well he died by doing something wrong with magic. and so i kinda didnt really want to learn much about magic for a long time. but now that im here...well, i guess that ill have to learn, wont i?" She looked back at Luna, anxiously waiting for her answer.
Back to top Go down
HPFangirl

HPFangirl

Female

Teach Me About... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Me About...   Teach Me About... Icon_minitimeFri 03 Oct 2008, 11:32 pm

"Oh." Luna knew what is was like to lose a loved one. She had lost her mom when she was little. "Does that mean you can see the threasals too, then?" Before she had time to stop herself, the question was out. "Sorry. I just get so excited over these things. I love animals. I don't mean to be insensitive about your dad." She pulled out a small chunk of bread for the cat and softly stroked it's fur.
"You don't have to worry about learning on your own about magic. That's what this school is for. It teaches you how to safely use magic with out harming yourself or others. But you have to be careful for some of the wizards and witches in this school. Some like to use it for mean games, like the Slytherins. You don't want to be on their bad side." Luna slapped her hand over her mouth again. "Sorry, sorry, sorry..." she muttered. She had forgotten already that Jadelle was in fact, a Slytherin herself. She just wasn't thinking today. She took a glance at Jadelle's face, and noticed no change. "I guess I just mean Draco Malfoy and the people that follow him around."
Back to top Go down
NightFire

NightFire

Female

Teach Me About... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Me About...   Teach Me About... Icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2008, 2:29 pm

Jadelle giggled at the face Luna made when she remembered that she WAS a Slytherin. "Dont worry, i dont take things like that personally!" She said through her giggling. when she finally calmed down, she asked Luna a question about the Threasals. "Um, by the way...what is a Threasal? There are some...things that i can see that others cant, but i have NO idea what they are. Ive always been able to see them. but when my mother and father died, the things became clearer, and I saw them more often. Its very strange...would you know anything about them if I told you what they sometimes look like? They never show up in the same form twice in a row!" Misty yawned as if she had heard all of this before; which, she had, being Jadelle's closest friend for almost her whole life.

Question oh, by the way, I hope that I am allowed to make up things like what Jadelle just said to Luna...about the things that she sees...i hope that im not doing something thats not allowed! Am I? Question
Back to top Go down
HPFangirl

HPFangirl

Female

Teach Me About... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Me About...   Teach Me About... Icon_minitimeSun 02 Nov 2008, 9:45 pm

OCC:Um, well, you can't actually see Threasals until you have witnessed a death. Not any time before hand. And they always look the same.

Luna looked at Jadelle with an odd expression. "Are you sure you mean Threasals? Don't you mean some other creature?" Looking off into space, she concentrated on thinking of all the creatures she knew that acted like that. There weren't many, and the ones that fit the category, she didn't know the name of. "It might have been a spirit. Sometimes they just like to show themselves to certain people. Any ways, if you want to know more about the creatures, you can talk to me or you can go to professor McGonagall. She knows a lot, and maybe more than me!"
Luna picked up another book off of the shelf. The title read "Imaginary Creatures of the Magical World". Scoffing at the cover, she tucked it under her arm and walked past Jadelle. Calling over her shoulder, she said "Come on. We'll go see the professor right now!" A loud 'shush' could be heard coming from the librarian. Luna checked out her book and waited for Jadelle to catch up.
Back to top Go down
NightFire

NightFire

Female

Teach Me About... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Me About...   Teach Me About... Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 12:45 pm

"Oh, well I dont know what they are, and Im sure that you know more than I do..." Jadelle answered Luna as she set Misty on the floor before hurrying to her new friend's side. "How long have you been here at this school anyways? Just out of curiosity?" She said as they walked out of the library.

OOC: I...IS...BACK! What a Face
Back to top Go down
HPFangirl

HPFangirl

Female

Teach Me About... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Me About...   Teach Me About... Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009, 9:02 pm

Luna giggled at the girl. "I have been here for three years! It's an amazing school. I love it here. Of course, I love being home with my dad too. Did you know he is a writer?" The sound of her shoes clicking on the stone echoed around them as they made their way randomly around the castle. The sound of soft paws could not be heard as easily, but she knew they were there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Teach Me About... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Me About...   Teach Me About... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teach Me About...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts :: Second Floor :: Library-
Jump to: