Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts

A Harry Potter role playing site.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Second Chance: Chapter Two

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mel
Admin
Mel

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-01-27

A Second Chance: Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: A Second Chance: Chapter Two   A Second Chance: Chapter Two Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2008, 8:47 pm

He was angry! No, more than angry. He was livid!!! 'I have to share a common room with that?! That Gryffindor... thing... sitting over there?!?!' Sighing to calm himself, he looked over in her direction and snorted. She looked up at the sound. "What?" she asked in her high squeaky voice.
"Did I say something, Mudblood?" Draco felt instantly proud of the look of anger and hatred that spread over her face. Standing up, he stretched his arms long, and then reached for his truck. Pulling it down, he opened it and found his school robes. "Make sure you don't touch my stuff, Granger. I wouldn't want your germs all over it." Draco made sure to sneer that last part. Leaving the compartment, he faintly heard her say, "Wouldn't dream of it. It might burn me." A small smile spread across his face. "Because you aren't worthy of such greatness."
On his way back from changing, he was passing a door when he heard the all to annoying laughter that only a Weasley could produce. 'Why not have some fun?' he thought to himself before opening the door. All four heads in the small space snapped up, and three looks turned to pure disgust. "Well, I thought it was you Weasley. Only you could make a noise so displeasing to the ears." He watching is satisfaction as Ron's face grew red, and he reached for his wand. "You know, I have some news I could tell you. If you don't jinx yourself first, that is."
"Any news you have is going to be bad new, Malfoy." He retorted, spitting the name out as if it disgusted him.
"Oh, but I am sure that you would love to hear this news. It's about your girlfriend."
Eight eyes were now staring at him, everyone of them begging to ask the question, but no one dared.
"Granger gets to spend some wonderful quality time with your truly." he said, smirking at the red-head. That did it. Ron was up in a flash with his wand pointed at the bridge between Draco's eyes. That is the reaction that he had been waiting for. "I'll remember that you just threatened the Head Boy Weasley. I just might have to deduct points from you when we reach Hogwarts."
Harry glared at him from his spot on the bench. No, the rivalry between them was still strong.
Harry pulled on Ron's shoulder to sit him down again, saying "It's not worth it."
"Of course it's not. Because no matter what you do, I have the means to get you in trouble for it." And with that, Draco walked back to the compartment where Granger was hopefully gone from.
To his disappointment, Granger was still in the tight area watching the door. 'Great.' he thought, looking at the expression on her face. Determination. She sighed and stood up off of the bench. "Malfoy, I don't want to be here anymore that you do. So why don't we make some sort of deal."
'Here is comes.'
"I will stay out of your way and you stay out of my way. We only have to talk to each other when necessary, and the only time we would have to see each other is during classes and possibly meals." That offer sounded good enough to him, but he wanted to add some things, just for the sake of it.
"All right, but you have to keep your friends under check."
Hermione glared at him and added, "What about your friends?"
"Yeah, yeah. Of course."
Hermione took a fleeting look at him and shoved past to get changed. Sitting himself near the window, he stared at the passing scenery, contemplating the situation of rooms.

The train lurched to a stop at the station for Hogwarts. The sky still had a light color to it. As the younger students filed off of the train, the Heads were told to stay aboard until everyone had left, and all items removed from the compartments. Draco and Hermione split up, each taking an end of the train and working their way toward the middle. 'At last! Away from Granger.' Draco didn't total hate her. She was just a no it all. And he had noticed the changes that she had gone through during the summer, and it scared him. He didn't know what he was dealing with this year.
The Great Hall was filled with students and faculty. Each table had their house flags above it, along with a great sunset scene over head. As the last of the last members shuffled in, the sorting of the first years begun. And then next came the welcome back speech that would be made by McGonagall this year. Looking at Zambini, he rolled his eyes in the direction of the front of the Hall and lay his head down on the long table. He wasn't really interested in hearing the same, boring speech this year. He didn't actually get rest because the annoying voice of the Headmaster kept penetrating his ears. Draco growled and lifted his head from the table in time to see Hermione waltz out of the Great Hall. His brows furrowed in confusion. She never left the Hall during a speech. Zambini noticed it too.
"What do you think that was all about, mate?" he asked in a hushed whisper.
He shrugged his shoulders at his friend.
As students started to file out of the Great Hall, Draco decided to stay seated for a few more minutes. He didn't exactly want to see Granger anytime soon. But the longer he stayed, the more the people around him questioned him about it. Fed up with it all, he stood abruptly and marched out of the Great Hall and up the stairs to the Heads quarters. Being around Granger just might be better that being around a bunch of Slytherins. At least she would leave him alone.
As he rounded the corner to the Heads rooms, he stopped short and stare. There sitting on the ground, was Granger. 'Darn!' he thought. 'Just when you think your ok, something come up. And why would Granger be sitting there. Can't she go in? She can't be stupid enough to stay out in the dark halls at night. She almost looks... vulnerable...' His head felt light. Vulnerable? Where had that come from? Yeah, she was vulnerable, as a lion! Recovering quickly, he strode towards her and stopped several paces in front of her.
"Not smart enough to open a door, Granger?" he said, smirking.
Hermione glared up at Draco. "The door won't open, because we haven't made up a password, idiot." Pulling herself up off of the stone, she turned to look at the picture.
It was a picture of a bowl of fruit.
"A bowl of fruit?!?!" Draco threw his arms up in frustration. This was insane. They were never going to get in now!

Authors Note: For some reason, my thoughts for this kept changing. And I kinda make up ideas as I go, so some suggestions might be nice! Very Happy Tell me what you think! I don't know when I will be able to get the next chapter up, but hopefully it will go up sometime next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newgrounds.com/refer/completesourceofevil

A Second Chance: Chapter Two
Page 1 of 1