Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hogwarts

A Harry Potter role playing site.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Second Chance: Chapter Five

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mel
Admin
Mel

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-01-27

A Second Chance: Chapter Five Empty
PostSubject: A Second Chance: Chapter Five   A Second Chance: Chapter Five Icon_minitimeMon 20 Oct 2008, 10:25 pm

As Hermione walked down the corridors to the portrait of fruit, her mind was lingering on the injury she witnessed on the quidditch field. Draco had taken a really bad fall, and she wasn’t able to do much for him before he was taken away. She was worried, but when she had seen McGonagall at dinner that night, she had felt a little better. Hermione was wondering whether or not to go and see him, but he might just be rude to her. She said the password and walked into the common room, setting her things down on one of the chairs. Making up her mind, she walked back out of the room and made her way to the infirmary.
The doors opened soundlessly as she made her way in. The crisp whiteness would have been blinding if not for the cover of clouds outside, and the fact that the sun was already behind the distant hills. She looked around the room and saw the only occupied bed, with a sleeping Draco in it. Walking over to his bed, she saw the tray of empty food dishes and some open books on the floor. He looked peaceful. The bandages that covered his head and left arm didn’t look right on him, but they were necessary. Sighing, she stared at his face, replaying the incident over in her mind. The agony that she had felt when he started to fall had been unusual, but not out of place. She looked that his features, his cheeks, the soft pink lips. She watched his even breathing, and the fact that this was the most relaxed she had ever seen him. ‘Not that he knows I’m here or anything.’ She thought to herself. She smiled.
Hermione shook the thoughts out of her head and stood to leave. She thought to pick up the tray first and send it down to the kitchens, and then made her way to the large doors. Little did she know that a certain yellow-haired boy was watching her as she left.
The next morning, Hermione prepared for her day as usual. Shower, teeth, hair… But there was something missing. ‘Oh yeah’, she though. No Draco to bug her. She skipped out into the common area and grabbed her bag, making her way to the Hall for breakfast.
Ron and Harry where already at their usual spot along with Ginny, and Neville. She took her normal spot next to Harry and started to eat her breakfast. That morning, they had eggs, bacon, toast, muffins, sausages, and all maners of spreads for the breads. They also had a few morning pastries, all to be washed down with milk and tea.
“Good morning, Hermione!” came Ginny’s cheerful voice. She looked up and smiled at her. “Good morning, Ginny. How was class yesterday?”
“It was class. Did you really expect something to be different? I mean, we are in a magic school, but it’s like muggle school, right?”
“Not really…” she replied. Muggle school was much different. First, you didn’t practice brewing potions, or not killing yourself when you perform a spell. Secondly, your best friend usually isn’t famous. Oh, and let’s not forget that you play “normal” sports in a muggle school. Hermione looked and Ginny and urged her to go on.
“Well, all I’m really going to be talking about is quidditch with Ron and Harry.”
At this, Ron decided to speak up, which wasn’t a good idea, seeing as how his mouth was stuffed with food. It sounded more like a gargle and talking.
“id ou see Mafoy whn he fel esterday?”
“Ron! Swallow before talking. Honestly, we can’t understand a word your saying!” Hermione chided him. Ron gulped and took a swig of tea.
“I said, did you see Malfoy yesterday? When we were out practicing?”
The thought that Malfoy still in the infirmary made Hermione’s stomach knot up. As Hermione finished chewing her last bite of eggs, she unfolded a napkin and placed a pastry on it, folding it up as to not let the crumbs fall. She took a glass and poured some milk into it. As she slung her bag up onto her shoulder, she picked up her morning treat and headed out the doors, ignoring the looks she was getting from her friends.
At the doors to the infirmary, Hermione she took a deep breath, and pushed it back. The light that met her was blinding at first, but she soon got used to it. The crisp whiteness hadn’t changed since last night, and she knew where to find the golden haired boy. She walked over and pulled up a chair to sit on. Slipping her bag down to the floor, she sat before realizing that she was being watched. Looking up, she was met with bright, icy, blue eyes. Draco was looking at her… and smiling.

Last edited by Mel on Sun 02 Nov 2008, 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Repeated Chapter. Sorry!!!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.newgrounds.com/refer/completesourceofevil
HPFangirl

HPFangirl

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: Chapter Five   A Second Chance: Chapter Five Icon_minitimeSun 02 Nov 2008, 9:47 pm

I really like these stories. When are you going to write more? And are the chapters going to be longer?
Back to top Go down
Mel
Admin
Mel

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: Chapter Five   A Second Chance: Chapter Five Icon_minitimeSun 02 Nov 2008, 9:50 pm

Thanks! I don't know when I can get another one up. I have a lot to do in school now, so it might not be until Christmas break, but i'll try to get one up soon. And yeah, they are supposed to be long, but in the last one, there wasn't much she was going to do, so it had to be short.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newgrounds.com/refer/completesourceofevil
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Second Chance: Chapter Five   A Second Chance: Chapter Five Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Second Chance: Chapter Five
Page 1 of 1